Tuesday, August 14, 2012

100 Days!



I woke up this morning overly-motivated for no apparent reason. And quite frankly, I didn’t hate it! I had a certain hunger to work out or go walking-something, anything active. I simply had the urge for a healthy day. I can question it all day long or embrace it, because here are the facts:

Today marked day 1 of week 4 with PJ training me.

Today marked day 11 of my nutrition program.

Today marked 5 weeks since my first cardio workout.

And since we are talking about accomplishments...
(drum roll please) since it is after midnight, today marks 100 days since surgery.


This all reminds me of a quote I heard before…

"Motivation is what gets you started and habit is what keeps you going."

Therefore, my healthy lifestyle has officially become a habit and damn it feels good to be back. Seeing daily results whether it be the effort in my workouts, my choices in the kitchen, or my mentality in general is refreshing and needless to say addicting! I really am trying to take in each moment and not worry about the past or future.

Here is another quote that PJ used to write down on the white board in his gym that I like for this late night blog entry:

“You should aspire to go to sleep every night with the attitude that nobody put in more time or worked as hard as you that day.”

I will leave you off with a delicious recipe that I have been craving lately! For all of you sweets junkies out there, this is a “must try.”  It is cookie dough with a base of chickpeas instead! Gluten-free too!

·         1 ½ cups drained chickpeas
·         1/8 tsp of salt
·         1/8 tsp of baking soda
·         2 tsp of vanilla extract
·         ¼ cup nut butter (almond is my preference)
·         ¼ cup almond milk (this is optional. I used about 2 T)
·         Truvia or Stevia (2 or 3 packets)
·         2 or 3 T of oats or flaxmeal (optional. Use if using milk)

Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Then add any kind of chips you want. I like white chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips. 

Any questions on my workouts, recipes, or nutrition program?

Facebook -->   www.facebook.com/nmmarks
Twitter -->       @NikkiMarks
Email-->           nmarks54@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment