Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why Not Today?



Taking the fitness journey is exciting, so I am definitely taking it all in! I'd like to think I am doing something that many only dream about. When you have the courage to take the first step, the world is your playground/gym. 

LITERALLY my first step caught on candid camera. Nikki, the PT guru, helping me. The boots were rocking ones (to prevent weight/pressure on my whole foot) so it was SUPER hard on top of being so weak. But I joked that I was wearing my knee-high, 3-inch heel, black boots. Hey, if I wasn't going to laugh I was going to cry. PS- you love my outfit? 

So the way I see it is that life is more than a gift-it is also a privilege. The relationship with your body and life is the best and most important one you will have! The best way to understand it is to think about running. Another way to see it is from Liz Brady, a part of my newest support system and someone doing the nutrition program/journey with me! She knows a brilliant 39 people! Career and relationship is the same as your body. With proper nutrition and TLC, your body will never wake up and fail you one random day. PREACH, girl. lol.

Such is life. No one said it was easy though. Yes, I love my workouts, but they suck. Let’s be real. In between reps I close my eyes and imagine a half-naked (oiled) Greek god fanning me and feeding me grapes. Doing the farmer’s walk yesterday I was chasing after Reese’s Pieces and scoops of butter pecan ice cream. Judge me!

Let’s proceed...
What are some common phrases we hear that is diet/fitness related?

1.       “I’ll start tomorrow.”
2.       “I don’t have the time.”
3.       “Eating healthy is so expensive.”

Fact: you won’t, you do, it is.

Further reality: Why tomorrow? What is it about today that is irrelevant? Here is a scenario that will be rather fitting to most of you. Say you sleep the necessary 8 hours and you work a 9-5 job. I will be generous and say you sing an album in the shower and sit in traffic to and from work. That still leaves you 6 hours…6! 360 minutes, 21,600 seconds…to do ANYTHING. Whether that be a quick circuit before dinner or a full blown run. Most circuit workouts run by the SECONDS so I am terribly un-sorry to inform you that there are “no excuses.”

Do any of you smoke? Drink a Starbucks/Dunkin’ Donuts (of which I am guilty) daily? Eat out every day? That is all expensive too! Weigh out your pros and cons. Which is the lesser evil, so on and so forth.

There’s no instruction manual on how to get fit and healthy. Just push play.

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” –Oscar Wilde

Any questions on my workouts, recipes, nutrition program…you know the drill…
Twitter -@NikkiMarks
Email- nmarks54@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment